Friday, April 15, 2011

Setting our minds

And we continue our journey. We are approaching Palm Sunday and I have to say that these past few weeks of Lent have felt like the passing of years. But only because so much growth and change has occurred. It remains hard for me to put words to what is happening in our hearts and souls and minds (we hope).

One thing we have felt strongly about is focus. Where is our focus and where do we want the focus of our family to be? In discovering this we decided to use our home and the empty spaces we have to serve as visual reminders. Here is what we've come up with so far, with plans for much more.

Kids interactive, magnetic prayer boards

Family Verse, above the TV on purpose

Inspirational lyrics


It all reminds me of why I got my tattoo years ago (yes, just the one). I wanted a daily reminder of who I was and where I had come from and who was to be given credit for all of that. Well now our family has daily reminders, loud and clear, setting our minds on The Good.

Out of the Depths

No comments:

Post a Comment